Wealden Advertiser Terms and Conditions
Wealden Advertiser and the WA logo are registered at the Patent Office ref: 2211032 A and B as trade marks of Wealden Advertiser Ltd. Advertisment Conditions The following conditions apply to all orders for publication and advertisements in the Wealden Advertiser:
- The publisher of the said publication ("the Publisher") may in their absolute discretion omit, suspend or change the position of any advertisement accepted by them for publication. The Publisher does not guarantee the position of any advertisement other than front page which has been pre-booked for space.
- The Publisher reserve the right to reject, or make alterations to advertisement copy which they consider necessary or desirable, or to require any such copy to be altered to meet their approval and Without Prejudice to the generality of the above to require the copy to comply with all codes, practices and legislation from time to time enforced controlling, governing and applying to the publication of advertisements.
- It is the responsibility of the advertiser to ensure that advertisements comply with all codes, practices and legislation from time to time enforced controlling, governing and applying to the publication of the advertisements and more particularly an advertiser who seeks to sell goods in the course of the business must comply with the business advertisement (disclosure) order 1977 and use the words ‘trade’ or capital T in the advertisement.
- The Publisher will not be responsible for any error in the publication of or omission to publish any advertisement or for any damage or loss of any copy or other materials supplied for the purpose of advertising.
- The Publisher shall have the right to change their advertisement rates at any time.
- The Publisher shall not be bound by notices of errors in, cancellations of or stop orders of advertisements booked for publication in premium rate specified positions unless such are received by the Publisher not less than 28 days before the date of publication, and in any other case not less than 5 working days before the date of publication.
- In the event that any advertisement or series of advertisements is cancelled, then any discount given from the Publisher's usual advertisement rates applicable to advertisements of the type cancelled, shall be payable by the Advertiser to the Publisher, and where the cancellation relates to a series of advertisements part of which have already been published, then the discounts applicable to those advertisements already published shall also become payable.
- The Advertiser/Advertising agent agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, damages or other charges falling upon the Publisher as a result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement or any one or more series of advertisements, published in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to the Publisher in pursuance of the agents order. In any case, where a claim is made against the Publisher or the Publisher is sued and the Advertiser/Advertising agent may ultimately be liable under the terms hereof, notice in writing shall be given to the Advertiser/Advertising agent and consultations shall take place before any expense is incurred or the claim's settled or the case is defended or otherwise disposed of.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payments of accounts shall be made upon placement of the order. Where a credit period is agreed, that period should not be greater than 28 days from the date of the statement of account.
- If the Advertiser wishes to amend advertisement copy which has already been supplied to the Publisher, notice of such amendment must be received by the Publisher not less than 5 working days prior to the date of publication and the Publisher may charge the Advertiser with any additional expense incurred in making such amendments.
- Copy must be supplied without application by the Advertiser at least 5 working days prior to the date of publication. In the event of copy not being received by that time, the Publisher will repeat the copy last used. The Publisher cannot accept changes in dates of insertion unless these are confirmed in writing no less than 5 working days prior to the date of publication. The Publisher reserves the right to charge for any additional expense incurred by reason of such changes.
- Where an advertisement published provides for replies to be forwarded to box numbers, the Publisher does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by delay forwarding or failure to forward such replies to the Advertiser.
- Advertisements for lineage must be prepaid and no refund will be given upon cancellation.
- The placing of an order for the publication of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an agency’s order form or elsewhere by an agency or an Advertiser shall be void in so far as they are in conflict with them. Artwork supplied digitally should be formatted for Apple Macintosh.
- Calls to our offices may be recorded for training purposes.